PhD in Food Technology Course Details
PhD Food Technology is a research-primarily based totally doctorate course in Food Technology and its associated fields. It offers with all of the fields of the meals era along with Food Chemistry, Vegetable and Cereal Technology, Dairy and Poultry Technology, Food Quality Control, etc.
During PhD in Food Technology, the applicants may have to investigate on any person of the most important subjects of Food Science and Technology and could post the thesis to advantage a PhD degree. The minimum period of the course is three years, however, it could be prolonged as much as five years relying at the duration of the research.
PhD in Food Technology Course Overviews
- PhD in Food Technology
Course Full Form
- Doctor of Philosophy in Food Technology
- 3-5 years
Level of Study
- Doctorate Degree
- Master's in Food Technology or Food Science and Technology
- Entrance Based
- Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 1,25,000
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to PhD in Food Technology
The applicants need to whole their Master`s in both Food Science and Technology or Food Technology from a recognized university.
The applicants need to gain minimum 55% mixture marks in Master's to grow to be eligible for PhD Food Technology.
The applicants need to preserve in thought that the minimum required marks might also additionally range from college to university. Some colleges might also additionally set the minimum marks to 60% or maybe higher.
The applicants need to have an intensive concept in their studies concept, on which they may be wondered at some point of the interview.
Top Colleges for Studying PhD in Food Technology
- Mysore University, Mysore
- Amity University, Noida
- Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chennai
- Amity University, Jaipur
- Islamic University of Science and Technology, Pulwama
- Shoolini University, Solan
- Shobhit University, Meerut
- Harcourt Butler Technological University, Kanpur
- Uttaranchal University, Dehradun
PhD in Food Technology Course Syllabus
- Advances in Food Chemistry and Nutrition
- Advances in Food Engineering
- Food Packaging
- Minor Courses
- Advances in Food Biotechnology
- Agrochemicals and Residues in Food
- Cold Chain Management
- Renewable Energy for Food Processing
- Separation Techniques in Food Processing
- Protein Chemistry and Technology
- Flavour Chemistry and Technology
- Supporting Courses
- Statistical Method for Food Science
- Business Management and International Trade
- Modern Food Biotechnology
- Food Processing
- Food Analysis
- Food Microstructure and Texture
- Automation in Food Processing
- Food Supply Chain Management
- Juice Processing Technology
- Carbohydrate Chemistry and Technology
- Confectionery Technology
- Grain Storage Technology
- Computer Application in Food Industry
- Current Topics in Food Science and Technology
Admission Process for PhD in Food Technology
Most colleges furnish admission to the PhD Food Technology route on the idea of Entrance Exam marks.
Some not unusual place entrance assessments for this route are UGC-NET and UGC-CSIR-NET.
Along with those entrance assessments, a few colleges and universities may behavior their personal assessments for admission to PhD Food Technology courses.
The distinct admission system for PhD Food Technology is mentioned below.
Application Process: The applicants will need to follow for the entrance assessments and colleges wherein they want to get admission separately. The applicants should test the application form earlier than submission to make sure that it's far correct.
Entrance Exam: Most of the PhD entrance assessments are carried out online mode. The admit playing cards are typically launched 10 days previous to the entrance exam.
Merit List: Once the consequences of the entrance assessments are announced, the applicants who certified the cutoffs may be shortlisted with the aid of using the college. The call of those applicants may be posted withinside the form of a benefits list.
Personal Interview: The shortlisted applicants may be known as for a private interview. The applicants may be requested questions about their study's thoughts all through this interview.
Document Verification: The decided applicants will need to gift suitable files to show their eligibility.
Enrollment: Finally, the eligible applicants may be granted admission to the course.
Entrance Exams for PhD in Food Technology
Job Profiles After PhD in Food Technology
- R&D Manager
- Food Science Researcher
- Research Analyst
- Food Technologist
- Food Processing Manager
- Quality Control Inspector
- Quality Control Manager