PhD in Physical Education
PhD Physical Education is a research-based doctorate course that involves deep research in advanced Physical Education topics like Biomechanics, Sports Nutrition, Management in Physical Education, Technology in Physical Education, etc. The minimum duration of the course is 3 years, but it can be extended to 5 years.
A candidate must complete Masters's in Physical Education with the minimum 55% aggregate marks to be eligible for PhD in Physical Education. They should also have adequate Physical Education skills as they may be tested during the Personal Interview.
Admission to PhD Physical Education is mostly Entrance Based. Most colleges take the personal interview of the shortlisted students after the entrance exam for final selection. Some important entrance exams for this course include as UGC-NET, CSIR-UGC-NET, etc.
Why Study PhD Physical Education?
Physical Education is an important field with multiple applications. With growing awareness on health issues, the demand for Physical Education teachers and trainers is also increasing. Some of the major benefits of doing PhD in Physical Education are as follows:
- The candidates with the PhD in Physical Education can join the schools, colleges, and universities as sports instructors, Yoga instructors, and Physical Education Teachers.
- The average annual salary for PhD Physical Education students ranges between INR 3,50,000 – 5,00,000.
- Various gyms, fitness centers, health centers, etc hire Physical Education candidates for various positions.
- They can become Gym Instructors, Sports Nutritionists, Fitness Trainers, Sports Managers, etc.
- The demand for Physical Education Trainers is expected to grow at the rate of 1-2% for the coming years.
- The students who complete a PhD in Physical Education can also start their own fitness centers and become self-independent.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for PhD Physical Education?
The Eligibility criteria for the PhD Physical Education program are:
- Hold a Masters in Physical Education from a recognized university.
- Minimum 55% aggregate marks to be eligible for the PhD Physical Education.
- Possess adequate Physical Education skills as they may be tested during The Personal Interview.
- Students need to qualify the entrance exams such as UGC-NET, CSIR-UGC-NET, etc.
- Most colleges take a personal interview of the shortlisted students after the entrance exam for final selection.
What is the Admission Process for PhD Physical Education?
Most colleges and universities grant admission to the PhD Physical Education courses on the basis of Entrance Exam scores.
- Some common entrance exams followed by most of colleges are As UGC-NET and UGC-CSIR-NET.
- Some of these entrance exams are conducted twice a year.
- The applicants will have to qualify the entrance exam with a score above the cutoff marks specified by the colleges.
- Banaras Hindu University
- Aligarh Muslim University
- University of Mysore
- Amity University
- Banasthali Vidyapeeth
- Pondicherry University
- Lovely Professional University
- Animalia University
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore